This course begins with learning the basics in our pre-clinic classes where we teach natural nail care, manicures and pedicures. Pre-clinic also includes instruction in artificial nails – both with tips and free-form building, including acrylics, gels and wraps. Later in the program we teach colored gels and nail art – with the options available, nail design creativity is limitless.
“The idea of successfully providing for my family while being my own boss is very appealing to me. Become a state certified nail technician allows me to do this.” – Lisa S.
Nail Technology taken as a stand-alone program is 600 clock hours in length. Depending upon your schedule and attendance it takes about 4 months to complete. This course can be combined in the following combinations:
- Esthetics & Nail Technology – 850 clock hours
- Hair Design, Esthetics & Nail Technology – 2300 clock hours
Please note that the combination program Hair Design and Nail Technology, 2050 clock hours is not currently being offered.
After completing the pre-clinic classes, our students begin practicing in our largest classroom – the student salon. Students are closely supervised and assisted by experienced and licensed professional educators who provide encouragement and support as students continue learning on real people. Learning to communicate with your clients and understand their needs, providing excellent customer service and learning how to recommend professional products are some of the soft skills students practice along with the technical skills of nail technology.
Some other features of our programs:
- Students progress through our programs in levels
- Weekly lab classes build upon the skills developed in pre-clinic – our courses are designed to keep students learning the entire time they’re in school
- Academic classes prepare students for the state licensing exam and consumer safety
- Career development classes teach students the business basics of the professional beauty industry
- Written and practical evaluations so students can monitor the development and progression of their knowledge and technical skills
- Individual progress meetings with the campus Director every 7 weeks keep students informed of how they’re progressing through the program and help to keep them on track
To find out about cost of attendance, median loan debt, normal time completion rates, completion, licensure, placement and much more disclosure info, click here.