Important Information About Our Safety Protocols
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, our primary goal has been to protect the health and safety of our students, team members and guests. Currently as well as during the past months, we are and have closely followed all safety protocols from the State of Oregon, the CDC and other authorities. In many cases we have implemented protocols that exceed the recommendations of these agencies.
We have been in communication with our regulatory agencies as well as county health departments to review our safety protocols and have been told that they are pleased with everything we are doing to keep everyone safe. We know that our teams have done an excellent job of following our protocols and have gone over and above to keep our school environments extremely low risk.
Our protocols are not only proving very effective but have allowed us to remain open for in person education. With everyone’s cooperation, we have been able to successfully re-open our student salons in a limited capacity for guests to receive services by appointment.
We urge you all to practice our safety protocols to keep us all safe, and we will continue to monitor the situation carefully and make adjustments as necessary.
All Day Every Day
Below you will find an overview of our safety protocols which have been in place June 2020 when we returned from Temporary Distance Education. Before we get to that, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- We are SCHOOLS first – colleges of Higher Education. We, like all schools of Higher Education in Oregon (and around the nation), follow the guidelines put forth by ALL of the oversight bodies that regulate us. Our student salons are looked at as “clinics” by Higher Education. Much like a Dental school or Nursing school that has a “clinic” hands-on setting. We are not a Salon, we do NOT employ students. We employ educators and school administrators.
- Students are students just as if they were in any other college setting. We are focused on keeping our SCHOOLS a safe learning environment.
- We are following all safety & sanitation guidelines and then some
- We are doing extensive screening daily
- We have limited capacity for our entire school settings
- We do NOT let students come to school that have informed us they are awaiting a test result or are positive,
- We have any positive student quarantine as directed by the county health department and CDC guidelines
- We have five schools. Since re-opening in June, we have had less than 5 students total test positive for covid-19.
- Everyone in the public that leaves their home is assuming some semblance of risk. No one is forcing a member of the public to come into our schools to have their hair, nails, skin done. If anyone is at high risk, we urge them to stay home away from others.
Our Safety Protocols
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: We are not accepting walk-ins at this time. All guests must have an appointment in order to enter our facility, and no one may accompany the guest – only individuals with scheduled appointments may enter.
We are strictly limiting the number of individuals allowed into our campuses at any one time in order to ensure we are able to maintain appropriate social distancing. Thank you for your understanding of this necessary step to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
MASKS: Everyone is required wear a mask/face covering in our schools. We cannot stress this enough – masks are critical to preventing the spread of Covid-19. Nose and mouth must be covered.
The CDC has studied cases where the use of masks & following safety protocols PREVENTED the spread of Covid-19. Read the article here: Absence of Apparent Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from Two Stylists After Exposure at a Hair Salon with a Universal Face Covering Policy. This example showcases how wearing a mask and following safety protocols prevented the stylists from passing the virus to their 140+ clients. It also showcases how one stylist spread it to another stylist because those two individuals didn’t follow mask wearing – social distancing guidelines around each other. Thankfully, those two didn’t spread it to the other stylists in the salon.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: The entire school is under social distancing guidelines of 6 feet, as much as possible. Everyone needs to stay 6 feet apart other than when receiving a service, and then 6 feet must be maintained in between guests.
This applies to when you’re still on school grounds outside.
Be SMART > You must be sure to NOT SHARE:
- Utensils – Napkins – Tissues
- Other things items that could spread covid-19
cing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
Hand Washing: Everyone wash/disinfect your hands prior to entering the school, upon entering the school and then hourly or more often (such as after using the restroom) and as necessary while in the school.
TRY TO AVOID Touching Your >
Sanitation: As you may be aware, we have extremely rigorous sanitation practices in place.
- High touch/use areas must be cleaned several times a day;
- Guest areas disinfected between each guest; all guest drapery will be cleaned and/or discarded between each guest.
- Stations, classroom tables, desks, chairs, practice areas, equipment should all be disinfected before & after each use.
YOUR BEHAVIOR IMPACTS EVERY STUDENT, EVERY TEAM MEMBER AND EVERY GUEST IN OUR FACILITY.
Be mindful that we are doing everything we can in order to have the privilege to stay open as a school. However, the choices you make as adults impact our ability to do so. We ask you all to follow our guidelines and to please be respectful to our team and one another. #WeAreLiterallyAllInThisTogether
-Image from Brene Brown